Total players online: 16

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:35 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
One thing I suggest is to use windows firewall to block client.exe when it asks to connect.. this is a second client that runs after you start UO and may be some of the detection function of UO .. I dont know but have blocked it from the start .. and have run multipal clients for hrs befor and no ban ...yet .. knock on wood..hits head..

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:46 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Uh... no. Client.exe IS the UO client. Block that and nothing will happen at all.

If your machine has enough RAM and especially if you're running dual-mon, go to http://www.vmware.comand download the VM client. Install Win98 into the virtual machine and run the second client from that. While the IP address will still match you tell the GM it's your brother/siister/girlfriend/whatever in the other room. It will not show up to them as a second client on the same machine.

d3viant1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:25 am 
I know nothing about OSI's stance on the second client issue,but in regards to anothers comment,I have been caught using euo in heartwood by a gm and all they cared about was whether i was unattended or not. As soon as i replied to their question of being there,they simply told me to have a good night. This event happened on Chesapeake by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:47 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Did they actually mention your usage of EUO?

d3viant1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:20 am 
Actually no they didnt,but I think they must have known i was using it somehow because I was the only person there in heartwood and it was the first time I had used euo on that account.So with noone around me for the couple hours I was there,I still got Q'd by the gm.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:53 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

It's also likely the system is set to alert a GM when a character stays logged on a long time without doing moving.

What I'm getting at is that there may be another explanation other than EUO was detected by their system thus paging a GM. Any statement made on the assumption that EUO was the cause of the GM popping in is questionable on the face of it for that reason.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:54 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

Groups:
I would think the script you were useing was to script like in its actions. Might need to find a script that acts a bit more human like.
because you don't know how long he could have been watching you before he showed him self to you.

[ur=]http://www.lexiashard.com]Lexiashard.com[/url]
See this thread for lock picking at my rune library

d3viant1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:58 am 
You are both probably right. I am not trying to start rumors or scare anyone,merely informing on an event that happened to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:20 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

Groups:
i don't think people are scared or will be. its always been something we take in to account. So just keep on keeping on and you'll be fine.

some advice would be to coed in a few ranom behavores so every once and awile the script does something unexspected of a script and acts a bit human.

[ur=]http://www.lexiashard.com]Lexiashard.com[/url]
See this thread for lock picking at my rune library

d3viant1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:51 am 
Thank you for the advice and i will have to get on that. =}

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:50 am 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
yes , I was busted once for opening 2 clients, and one wasnt even logged on. I just poped in for a moment to hand some things over to another character and then looged out but forgot the client was still opened.And I agree with the "screw osi!" it is pointless to pay ppl to persecute yourself!
And for my part I dont even accept a 2nd client as "cheating" I'm simply using software to accomplish the same thing that ppl who can afford 2 machines and networking do "legitamitly" pfffft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:07 am 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Also, just for people's information in the "old days" of UO, alot of the GM's were very childish and immature type people. It seemed any OSI executive's son was a GM. I was warned as a councilor that I was being too helpful at one time if you can imagine that. The people who run UO don't know how to support it, which is sad as it could easily become the greatest online game there is if they did support it correctly.

-Coota[/quote]

Agree 100% , The first tyme I needed to page a GM in WoW I could not believe the service I recived. He 'asked' if I had time to talk, went over my problem with great concern, fixed it and asked if that took care of it,THEN asked if there was anything else he could help me with and bid me a good day!
The last time I paged in UO, he poped in 2 hours later during the middle of a fight for my life, said "that should take care of it"(it didnt) and just left without even asking if it solved my problem
OSI should send ALL their staff to Blizzard of an extensive 6 month training program on customer service!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:24 am 
I have no life!
I have no life!

a WoW GM drowned my character once... cracked me up ;)

all joking aside, I've seen some very good and very bad UO GMs in my time... I don't think it's fair to say they all suck. I'm sure there are some fairly horrible WoW GMs as well...

as for multiclienting, well, you can easily check matching IPs, I'm not sure if the server might check your mac address or anything, but I wouldn't think it'd be that difficult to determine. Basically they don't care. If you get "caught" multiclienting, that GM is probably just having a bad day and adhering strictly to rules out of spite ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:26 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

The same IP can be caught, sure. But not the MAC; the MAC does not translate over routers. As far as EA is concerned you have multiple computers in your house running UO and that's what you tell 'em if caught. "That's my son's account."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:46 am 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Figured as much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next